**This post contains affiliate links
I first tried Exante back in 2014. The first time I followed the Total Solution plan and lost 6lb in one week. Since then I have also tried the Flexi Solution and used Exante products to follow a 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. I am currently running a giveaway to win a 2 week diet plan box from Exante – head to the bottom of this post to enter!
In the last six years Exante have introduced lots of new products and new flavours of their old favourites. I was recently sent a selection to give them a try, along with a fancy new shaker to use too. As regular readers will know I know following an intermittent fasting way of eating all the time, but these Exante products can have a place in that plan too. I am currently experimenting with a 4:3 pattern of fasting and sometimes like to use meal replacement products on my fasting days to give myself a boost of nutrients.
Before I give you details of the giveaway and discount code I just wanted to give you a bit more information about Exante…
Exante // The Details
Exante is only available online from their website. That means there are no weekly weigh ins and no counselling sessions to attend (unlike some other VLCDs). I suppose it depends on you whether you think that is a good thing or not! Individual food packs start at £1.59 but they are cheaper still when you buy in bulk. (And you can get 35% off with my discount code TGB35). There is a large variety of food packs available; from shakes, smoothies and soups to bars, meals, and even pancakes! You can have any combination of these each day. There are also healthy snacks, water flavourings and sugar free syrups.
There are several different diet plans to choose from; Total Solution (three food packs a day), 800 calorie diet (three food packs plus 200 calories from high protein food), Flexi Solution (a 1200 calorie meal plan), 5:2 Diet Plan (3 Exante products on 2 ‘fasting’ days each week) and there is even a plan suitable for those with Type 2 diabetes. The plan you choose depends on your BMI and any pre-existing medical conditions. There is plenty of advice on the website to help you decide which plan is right for you.
- It works! If you follow any VLCD it will work and you will lose weight, probably more quickly than you would following any other diet. Also, because the diet can put you into a state of ketosis (where the body starts using its fat stores for energy) you won’t feel hungry.
- It’s simple. There’s no need to count calories or points. If you are following the total solution then there’s no need to make any choices about food other than which food pack to have. Once you have tried the different products you can choose the ones you like and stick with those.
- It’s cheap. A 4 week pack is currently just under £70 so less than £20 per week. I don’t know about you but I definitely spend more than that on my usual weekly shop.
- It’s convenient. You can order all your food packs from the comfort of your sofa and have them delivered to your door.
- There is quite a lot of variety in the different food packs. Although I’m not a big fan of the soya based meals I tend to like most of the shake flavours and the bars too. There are a lot of products so you are bound to find something you like.
- With Exante Diet there are no weekly weigh ins or group sessions to attend (if you consider this a plus point).
- There is lots of information on the website – details about how the diet works, tips for weight loss and keeping the weight off, success stories, recipes (if you are following the Flexi Solution or 800 calorie diet).
- It works! Seriously, if you follow the diet to the letter it is fool proof and that has to be the biggest positive about it.
- You might miss ‘real’ food after a while. Although with Exante Diet there are quite a variety of products, in my experience, you will find a few that you like and stick with those. If you have a lot of weight to lose you will need to follow the diet for a while and lack of ‘proper’ food can get boring after a while.
- It doesn’t really encourage you to change your eating habits in the long term and so there is a danger that you will put the weight back on when you return to conventional food. There is however support and information on the Exante blog to help you transition to the Flexi plan and introduce food after following the Total Solution or 800 Calorie Diet.
If you just want to follow a meal replacement diet and don’t want to attend weekly weigh ins or group sessions then it seems to me that Exante Diet is as good a choice as any. Personally, I didn’t like some of the products, but I’ve read opinions of others saying they like them so maybe it’s just down to individual taste. I did like the shakes, and if I was choosing this sort of diet in the longer term I would stick with shakes anyway. Sometimes I find it easier to avoid food altogether on this kind of diet rather than eat something vaguely reminiscent of a ‘proper’ meal but nowhere near as nice!
I will add that in the four years since I first tried Exante I have done quite a lot of research about diet and weight loss, and found that following a Very Low Calorie Diet for an extended period can affect your metabolism. For this reason I would only ever recommend Exante as a short to medium term solution – it can be very useful in helping to break bad habits around food, and to kick start weight loss, especially if you have a significant amount of weight to lose.
If you would like to try Exante for yourself you can currently get 35% off using my unique discount code TGB35 – just follow this link and start ordering.
The lovely folks at Exante have given me a 2 week diet plan bundle worth £85 to give away – perfect to get you started on your Exante weight loss journey. You can see what’s included in the box here. Just follow the steps in the Rafflecopter below to enter. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions
- Giveaway will run from 02/02/2021 until midnight on 21/02/21.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- One entry permitted per person.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Toby Goes Bananas. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Exante, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- Entrants must enter by completing the Rafflecopter.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date
- The winner will be informed by email.
- Failure to respond within one week may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
**Disclosure: I was sent a selection Exante diet products in order to write this review. However, all opinions are my own.
**This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on this link but you will not be charged any more.