One of my favourite things to do when I was younger was to get the big photo albums down from the shelf in my mum and dad’s spare room and look through all the old pictures from when I was little. Of course as a child born in the 70s there aren’t that many photos from my childhood and each album would probably cover a few years. Things are very different now and since the boys were born I have taken literally tens of thousands of my pictures but they are nearly all on my computer and hardly ever get looked at.
So when the lovely folks at Cheerz got in touch and asked if I would like to order some photo products from them it finally gave me the kick up the bum to do something I’ve been meaning to do for ages! I started taking weekly pictures of Toby for my Living Arrows posts in January of 2014, and then when Gabe was born the following year I added his pictures into the posts too. I’ve been meaning to put all the pictures into photobooks for a long time but it always seemed like it was too big a job.
On the Cheerz website though making the photo books was easy. I chose the soft cover photo books and made one for each year of Living Arrows that I’ve completed. I simply uploaded the pictures from my computer and then dragged them onto the pages. My only slight criticism was that the page layout options were a bit limited and I couldn’t always get the exact layout I wanted. This really is only a minor niggle though. Toby and Gabe loved looking through all the pictures of them when they were tiny today and I hope it’s something they can continue to enjoy as they get older.
Along with the photo books I also ordered a large print of one of our family pictures from the Me & Mine project (that’s another photo book I need to do but I’m going to wait until the end of this year so it only has complete years in it). Rather than a canvas (which we do have but I find to be real dust magnets)I chose to get the picture printed on a metal plate. The photos on metallics come in a variety of different sizes, and although they don’t have any fixtures for hanging they do come with a free pack of command strips which work really well for putting them straight on the wall. I put the picture up with another one that we already had – I think I’m going to keep getting them and start a collection on this wall in the hall.
Finally I got a few large prints of a family picture we took the other weekend – I got one for us, one for my parents and one for my brother too. And lastly I got a print of a picture of Toby and Gabe from a couple of months ago – it’s the only one of them both looking at the camera and smiling that I’ve managed to capture for ages though!
The Cheerz website was easy to use but if you would rather use pictures from your phone without needing to put them onto your computer then they also have an app which is available for both Apple and Android.
If you’d like to order some photo products of your own from Cheerz then you can get 20% off until 27th August (not including gift cards) using code TGB20.
You can also win £25 to spend with Cheerz – simply complete the Rafflecopter below.
Terms and conditions:
- Giveaway will run from 27/07/2018 until midnight on 19/08/2018.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- One entry permitted per person.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Toby Goes Bananas. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Cheerz, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- Entrants must enter by completing the Rafflecopter.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date
- The winner will be informed by email.
- Failure to respond within one week may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on this blog post
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
**Disclosure: I was provided with the featured products from Cheerz in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.