With 20 minutes of the day left I am going to throw my hat into the #Blogtober ring. What that means is posting every day in October following a list of prompts over on Hexmum blog. I’m not sure if I’ll manage it every day but I’m going to give it a go and see if I can keep up my blogging motivation as we head deeper into autumn.
So without further ado, the first prompt is ‘all about me’ so here are a quick 10 random facts about me…
- My first name is Sarah-Jane – I was named after Doctor Who’s assistant. Everyone just calls me Sarah though,
- I’m a Modern Languages teacher (although I haven’t been working for two years now) – I teach French and Spanish but only learnt Spanish after I had qualified as a French teacher.
- I’ve got qualifications from three different universities (Manchester, Strathclyde and Dundee)
- I was born in Blackpool, went to university in Manchester, then worked in France for most of the next six years before moving to Scotland for 13 years. I’m now back in the north west and live about 20 minutes from my parents, who still live in my childhood home.
- I was friends with Benedict Cumberbatch at university, I’ve got the comedian Mark Watson’s mobile number and I’ve been backstage with Tim Minchin, and Adam Hills (not at the same time though).
- I was single for 8 years before meeting my husband in 2010 when I was 32.
- I’ve watched every episode of Home & Away since 2004.
- I don’t like baked beans.
- I’m 5’5” and have been since I was 12.
- I’m Mum to Toby and Gabe who are 4 and 2 years old. More about them tomorrow though when the prompt is ‘babies’.
So that’s me. Well, 10 random facts about me anyway. I’m looking forward to reading some of the other bloggers posts and hopefully discovering some new blogs too. And if you’ve enjoyed this post please do stick with me for the rest of #Blogtober!