Emily at My Petit Canard has started this new meme just in time for Valentine’s Day. The only rules are…there are no rules! All you need to do is write a post about what love means to you – it can be funny, serious, soppy…the choice is yours. You can read Emily’s original post here. I’m also doing something I don’t usually do, and that is to also use this post for The Prompt. I just haven’t had chance to write a new post this week and seeing as this one fits it seems a shame to miss a week.
This week’s prompt was another quote:
Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that’s loved by you. You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown
And here are my thoughts on the matter. What is love to me? (And it is love that brings happiness, above all else). Obviously I love my baby boy and I would do anything for him…even suck bogeys out of his nose several times a day and clean up his gruesome, stinky teething nappies. But that love is something organic, that comes from growing a baby for nine months and then giving birth to that baby who is a part of you. Love for another, who you meet as a adult and know nothing about, who you learn to love as you get to know one another, that’s a different kind of love.
- Love is a husband who always lets me be in charge of the remote control.
- Love is taking it turns to get up at 5 am with the teething baby.
- Love is a husband who doesn’t mind staying at home with the baby so I can go and get my hair cut.
- Love is a husband who knows when I turn my back to him that’s his cue to give my shoulders a massage.
- Love is getting text messages every day just to check we’re doing OK.
- Love is a husband who thinks I’m funny, and pretty, and lovely, and tells me every day.
- Love is letting Toby grab and pull his beard because he finds it funny.
- Love is cuddles on the sofa, knowing our little bear is sleeping peacefully upstairs.
- Love is a husband who lies awake while I chat about our day when really he should be sleeping because he has to be up for work in six hours.
- Love is a husband who is always there with a hug and a kiss whenever I need one
- Love is a husband who holds me while I cry, even if he has no idea what I’m crying about.
- Love is an awesome husband who also turned out to be a fantastic daddy.
- Love is finding someone who just gets you.
- Love is being a family.
I tag –